Howdy Y’all. I’ve started to work on a new scheme for my Retribution.
I first painted Vyros for the Retribution release event and at that point I wasn’t planning on doing a whole army. I went with a scheme very close to the studio scheme.
Now that I’ve decided to do an entire army, I thought about some tweaks to that scheme.
Here are some of the changes I made over the Vyros:
- Overall, I went with easier techniques, so that I can finish the army in a reasonable amount of time
- I changed the glow color from that teal to a purple. I thought that this would provide more contrast and also I like purple.
- The armor is shaded with grey rather than the glow color. This makes the glow more pronounced where it is used.
- The armor parts that were a silver(the orbs) are now painted as purple gems.
- I went with a darker green for the cloth, again to contrast the white armor.
I am considering whether to keep all the cloth green or to use a second(probably brown) color for the straps and satchel.
Obviously the base is not yet painted.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I will put up a step by step painting guide once I finalize the scheme.